Monday 25 May 2009

Self contained Wheel/Motor


This was a project I did when I was way back in yr 10, and it too was only for the CAD learning side of things. I still like the idea and I may come back to it, but this is how it stands at the moment. The concept was to have a fixed drive unit that could bolt onto any part of a vehicle. The ring that rotates in the middle was held by 3 other wheels and contains a bunch of other magnets. A coil would sit surrounding the entire ring at the three points where the housing surrounds the ring. This, in theory would propel the ring round. It was originally intended as just a bit of fun and a way of keeping a record of the design idea. If I were to pursue with it now I think the general design would be slightly different.


No comments:

Post a Comment